What Sets Us Apart
What sets Park Cities Pet Sitter apart is our team. Teamwork is likely to achieve greater results than individuals working on their own. A supervisor is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Every sitter knows that with one phone call, they can get advice or an extra pair of hands immediately! As a client, you know that anytime, night or day, weekend or holiday, our team of professionals is there to take care of your home and your smallest family members. We believe that the confidentiality and value of every client must be recognized and respected at all times. Please visit our Q&A page for more info.
OUR PET SITTERS ARE EMPLOYEES: In addition to being bonded and insured, our sitters are employees – not independent contractors. Most pet sitting companies use independent contractors instead of hiring employees. What is the difference? By law, a business cannot train or guide independent contractors, and they cannot specify exactly how the business of pet sitting is carried out. Independent contractors can substitute whomever they wish to do a job, without notice to the owner of the company hiring them, or to the client. That means that ANYONE can be entering your home, and they may not be bonded and insured.
As employees, our sitters are fully trained by us, following our guidelines, policies and procedures developed over 19 years of experience. We provide ongoing training, and give our customers the guarantee that only an experienced, bonded and insured employee of our company will enter their homes and care for their pets. We also can provide benefits and incentives to keep our employees at Park Cities Pet Sitter long term, providing you consistency, and the best possible care.
Peace of Mind – that is what we want you to have when you entrust us with your home and precious pets. We believe that whether you choose Park Cities Pet Sitter or another service, the employee versus independent contractor question is an important one to ask!
The Benefits of Choosing a PCPSI Pet Sitter
- Peace of mind that your home and pet(s) are being well cared for in your absence.
- Pets remain in their secure environment, surrounded by familiar sights, sounds and smells. They are less likely to be exposed to illness and stress by boarding or travel.
- Diet and exercise routine is uninterrupted. Pets on raw food diets are often not allowed in boarding facilities.
- Medications are delivered on schedule.
- You are not inconvenienced or rushed by having to transport your pet(s) before or after your trip.
- Service is customized to follow pets’ daily routine.
- Personal, loving attention is given to every pet in the household, when possible.
- Check in calls, texts, or emails from your sitter to give you updates.
- You won’t have to impose on friends or relatives, who sometimes forget.
- Regular visits to your home may be a crime deterrent. Making sure your mail and packages are brought in, lights and or blinds alternated, as well as general daily activity, gives your home a “lived in” appearance.
- Home emergencies handled due to severe weather or unforeseen issues.
- Your pet(s) will be there to greet you upon your arrival home – happy and healthy!
About Joette White, President/Owner
The pet sitting industry has grown tremendously over the last decade, and Joette White and her team have built a company that sets the standard for others to follow. Park Cities Pet Sitter was started in 1992 as a one woman operation. In 1996, Joette began working for the company as a pet sitter, learning all the aspects of the business. In April of 2000, she purchased the company. Having a passion for animals and naturally driven to provide superior customer service, Joette focused on making Park Cities Pet Sitter the best pet care company in the Metroplex. Part of that mission means Joette focuses on taking care of her employees as much as she takes care of her clients and their pets. She has served on the Board of The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, helping to educate others in the industry about best practices. Park Cities Pet Sitter has also won several awards, including “Best of Dallas” by D Magazine, Angie’s List Super Service Award, WFAA Channel 8, Dallas Voice, and The Dallas Observer. See Joette White talk about Park Cities Pet Sitter and its strengths, in her company video at www.pcpsi.com.
Joette White, President of Park Cities Pet Sitter, is married and is a mother to two young boys. Animals have always been a huge part of her life, and at one point she shared her home with a Great Dane, Welsh Corgi, and 5 cats. She strongly believes in giving back to her community, and does so by working with local shelters, as well as through education, training, and fund raising activities.